Kinetikos is the first Portuguese SME to lead a Horizon 2020 Healthcare project
Kinetikos was awarded a grant of 5,7 million euros, sponsored by the European Commission, being the first Portuguese SME to lead a Horizon 2020 Healthcare project. The project PROCare4Life is being developed by a consortium of 14 entities from six countries and aims to create a personalized and integrated care solution for the elderly facing several short or long term conditions and enable a better quality of living.
For this project, the latest artificial intelligence, big data, and gamification technologies will be used to support multidisciplinary user-centered care, based on the best scientific evidence and efficient costs.
As the project leader, Kinetikos represents the Consortium and is responsible for the management and monitoring of the project. “It is an honor to lead this project, which will significantly contribute to improving the patients’ quality of living. The solution that we are developing will allow a more personalized and interactive follow-up, in order to improve their daily activities and promote the adoption of healthier habits” says Ricardo Matias, Founder and Head of Research and Innovation at Kinetikos. "Our goal is to make patients feel safer and monitored, which makes it easier for them to follow the prescriptions of healthcare professionals", adds.
In Portugal, the consortium also counts with Campus Neurológico Senior (CNS), a pioneer in multidisciplinary and integrated care for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, namely Parkinson's disease. Joaquim Ferreira, Clinical Director of CNS believes “it is urgent to find solutions that make the monitoring of neurodegenerative and chronic diseases more effective, both for patients, caregivers, and health professionals. The solution we are developing also includes the improvement of healthcare professionals’ time management, who increasingly have more patients in their care and, often, limited time to follow patients with the effectiveness and availability they like".
The project started in January 2020 and will last 36 months.
Members of the Consortium:
- Portugal: Kinetikos, Campus Neurológico Sénior
- Spain: Associação de Parkinson de Madrid, Universidade Politécnica de Madrid, Atos Spain SA
- Netherlands: Maastricht University, Stichting International Foundation for Integrated Care
- Germany: Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster, Stelar Security Technology Law Research Ug, Wohlfahrtswerk für Baden-Württemberg
- Italy: Casa Di Cura Private Del Policlinico Spa
- Romania: Siveco Romania SA, Universitatea de Medicina Si Farmacie’Carol Davila’ Din Bucaresti, Spitalul Universitar de Urgenta Bucuresti